27 June-The entire cast

On the Achilles side nothing much has happened in the last 2 weeks. I am wandering around with the cast, waiting for some news at the next appointment with the orthopedist.

At work I don't move much and for some other reasons I had to fly and lay down quite a bit, so I have learnt few things and develop some new skills:
  • That a little knee trolley/walker is a great piece of kit to move on flat surface while in a cast. It is better than crutches, you can carry thing and stand-up even, for example to do a bit of cooking.
  • How to embark/disembark airplane with crutches... and that my upper body isn't as strong as I thought.
  • How to use the wheelchair services at the airport, thanks to Regulation (EC) No 1107/2006 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 5 July 2006 concerning the rights of disabled persons and persons with reduced mobility when travelling by air... It is only fair to say this a good bit of EU regulation.
  • How to perform heparin injection to prevent blood clots, and I have to admit it is not that easy to put a needle into your  own belly skin, every time I do it there is a little voice in the back of my mind that says no...
  • You can do some cardio work using a crank machine, there is one at the gym near me, I have got to try it. You can also do one leg bike, not sure they will let me do it though. Got to do some strength upper body work too.
I also started this blog, to share my experience, and remind myself that this little Achilles tendon rupture is not such a great deal after all... well almost. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 August-Didn't meet expectations

10 December-Getting there

22 August-Breaking the ice and rolling on two wheels